Monday, April 4, 2022

Editing + Postcard

A lot has happened since my last editing post. 

I am disappointed to say that the stylistic editing effect I was trying to put over the clips of when the main character is in the painting did not turn out well. Because of this and also the fast-approaching due date, I've decided to scrap this idea. Instead, I've decided to add an effect that changes the saturation of the clips, making them all vibrant. 

I also finished editing the music as well as cutting the clips to the songs I picked. In the end, I went with a completely 180 decision compared to my original thought process. After some advice from some friends, I in the end decided to go with a piano tune as it fits better with the overall feel of the film. 

I used YouTube Audio Library to find these two songs: 

No.9_Esthers_Waltz_-_Esther_Abrami

Sonatina_No_2_in_F_Major_Allegro_-_Joel_Cummins

The first audio ultimately took up the museum scene while the second audio began once the woman sees the glimmering shine in the distance and follows it till the end of the piece. 

 The last thing I needed was to include the title and the credits. I blurred out the last frame of the scene and put in my title using the font "Brittany Signature" (as seen in my font post), before ending in a black screen where I placed my credits to the beat of the song.

With this, I finished the editing process and continued to the postcard. I referenced my previous research blog on postcards during the making of mine as well as looking at examples online. During my impromptu research, I found this website that designs your own postcard and used one of their layouts as inspiration for how I should do mine. 

Unfortunately I'll be withholding the posting of the design until the final post, see you then <3



No comments:

Post a Comment