Monday, February 21, 2022

Costuming

Now that we're nearing the beginning of production, I thought it was important to start preparing the costuming for the characters within my short film. 

Initially, I had planned on having a total of three really thought out costumes. One of the main characters in the modern world, another for when she's in the painting, and lastly one for the weeping woman. As time runs fast, however, I decided to only have a specific look for the weeping woman as I will be painting her and her clothing will be the identifying factor for when she appears in person rather through the painting. For the other two costumes, I'm choosing to limit myself within my own closet and the closet of my friend and star of my short film Maya in order to not complicate things. 

Since the beginning of the brainstorming process for this short film, I always had the idea for the weeping woman to wear something loose and floral. I imagined something very nature-y and cottage-y, something that a countryside girl would wear. 

I coincidentally found the perfect style of dress when I began to search for floral dresses. The puff sleeve floral dress, as it is called, perfectly encompassed the idea I had in mind. 
Puff sleeve floral dress

After finding the example above, I began researching sites where I could buy a similar dress that would also deliver on time. The best option I found that still fit my idea was this dress from Amazon.  
Amazon Dress 

There are a few things that I’m worried about, for example, the reviews were not the best saying things such as the material running thing and the dress being too tight. I’m also worried that though I did order it through prime it won’t arrive on time and production would be pushed back longer. But truth be told, as long as it looks okay on camera then, hopefully, everything will work out.  


No comments:

Post a Comment