Sunday, February 20, 2022

Story Boarding (ish)

Welcome back! 

Sometime last week I decided to quickly sketch a storyboard of some shots I had in mind for the short film. Though I don't have the full narrative thought out and I didn't go super detailed with the shot selection, I just wanted to opportunity to organize my thoughts and make sure I don't forget ideas I already have in my brain. 
Messy Storyboard

There are a couple of shots that I definitely think play a larger role in my piece such as a close up of the painting. This is important as I'm relying on these shots to stay present in the viewer's mind as the subject in the painting will appear again at the end of the film. Another shot I think is important would be a midshot from behind the main character which depicts both her and the painting. I would also like to take a midshot facing the main character, almost as if it were a POV shot in the perspective of the painting. All these shots are vital to me because I think that the emotion and the relationship between the main character and the subject in the painting is key to the meaning behind the entire piece. 

Of course I still have much more planning to do before actual production but this is a small yet important step forward through it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment