Saturday, February 19, 2022

Social Media- Coda Study

Reader, as I'm sure you are aware, one of the aspects of A Leve's portfolio project this year is the management of a social media account. It would be an understatement of me to say that I am terrified of this requirement. Though superficially it seems like an easy task (our generation being incredibly active in social media that is), it is the idea of having to come up with individual content for posts that frightens me the most. 

Though I do feel that focusing on the social media aspect now is a mistake due to how early into the project we are, the brooding thought of having to eventually make one will not leave my head, and so, I felt as if it would be best to at least do some research to calm my mind. 

I initially began my research by looking through our teacher's website to find last year A level student's blogs as an example. I focused on the blogs which had the same project as I, short film. but after finding Instagrams where all of the (few) posts were posted on the same day I decided to venture off towards other projects. Unfortunately, however, I was met with the same results. 

I then decided to look into actual short films social media accounts. I did this by researching the current and past short film academy nominees. 

The first social media account I researched was that of a short film recommended to us in class called Coda


First Post


Behind the scenes images 

Cast and Crew

Official Promotion Images

I think the most important thing to reflect on in Coda's Instagram was how they began posting on their first filming date. I like how the direction they took with their social media account was more of documentation methods rather than marketing since they began posting so early into the production. Throughout the account, they feature various behind the scenes as well as images capturing the life on sets such as the actors and the crew. Another thing I think is important to mention is how once the short film was released and accepted into film festivals, they began posting more marketing content such as official key art and posts related to the festivals they attended.

I think I'll leave the other short films accounts for future blogs as this one is already quite lengthy. Today's research, however, did help significantly with easing my mind about the social media aspect of the project as it has given me some inspiration as how I will be managing mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment