Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Editing film into paint

Something that I am looking forward to doing when it comes to my film is editing the portion in which the main character will be in the painting. Since the beginning, I've had this idea of editing these scenes in a way that it is evident that the setting is now the painting itself. I was hoping to do so by adding some form of effect that will distort the short to make it resemble oil paint. In order to figure out to do this, I went to trustworthy google to see if there are any tutorials on how to do so. 

Click above for the video

The first video I found is by YouTuber AdobeMasters. Titled "How to Make Your Footage Look Like a Painting in Premiere Pro CC (2018)" the video goes over various effects that can be utilized to make footage resemble a painting through Premiere Pro. 

Click above for the video

This video by VideoRevealed aims to show how one can edit their clips specifically to give them an Oil Painting look. Though it is really helpful and does give me tips on how I could edit my film, he does mention that one would need a hefty computer and mine is indubitably not.

Click above for the video

Though this final video by AdobeMaster does not showcase an effect that creates a painted look, it does create a stylistic appeal to the film through filters. I think that I'll attempt the other two tips first before trying this one as this editing style would be the last approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment