Thursday, March 31, 2022

Editing

This past week I've been taking every free moment I have to start editing, here's how it went:

The first thing I did was align the clips in chronological order. I had some small hiccups within this step, the first one being purely my own dumbness. When I first started organizing the clips I was editing directly from my SD which means... that as soon as I took it out everything was gone. That wasn't a huge issue though as I just simply downloaded all of the clips into my computer and replaced the missing files. There was also a moment when as I was trying to delete the missing files I accidentally deleted the sequence but I quickly was able to reverse this.


The next step was to edit everything together. There were moments during this process that were annoying such as my computer lagging too much or some clips being too shaky, but at the end of the day, I think everything flows well together. The only problem with the results is that it only takes up 2 minutes and 30 seconds and this portion that I edited is supposed to take up 2/3 of the entire production, meaning that I don't think I'll be able to reach the 5-minute requirement. 

After I finished editing all of the clips together I went back to the research I had done on stylistic editing. I didn't feel too confident about the options I had so I decided to go back to the drawing board. With a little help from my friend Logan, this video by Justin Odisho was brought to my attention. 

Basically, Odisho goes through every stylistic effect in Adobe Premier. At around 1:09 he covers an effect called Burshtroke which makes the clip you're working with appear to have been brushed on. I think out of the other options I had researched this effect will be the safest and easiest option.  


No comments:

Post a Comment