Friday, March 4, 2022

location and costuming update

 A small update from a couple of my previous posts.

Earlier today I stopped by our local library and asked if it would be possible to film in their activity room and unfortunately.... filming is not permitted. This means that as of right now I don't have a location in mind for the art exhibit scene. However, hope is not lost since I've already planned that that scene would be the last one short despite it being the beginning of the narrative since I need time to paint so I do have a little bit of wiggle room to work with. 

As for costuming, the dress I ordered online for the weeping woman arrived this week and to put things shortly it looks nothing like the original picture. 

For reference, this is the image on Amazon:

   

And this is what I got


 As you can see the pattern is completely different. Nevertheless, I did not let this bring me down. I had ordered a small and a medium because I was afraid it would run small according to the reviews, and so since I ordered two I decided to try the bigger one on. 

The dress + Amazon corset I already owned

The dress actually ended fitting kind of big on me. The only issue I had when putting it on was getting it over the bust however once on I had no issue. Maya, my friend who will be starring in Elle qui Pleure, told me when I was ordering to get her the small and after trying the medium on myself I think I might actually be a little big on her. If anything once we get together for her to try it on and take reference images for the painting we can see if we should incorporate a belt or maybe even clip the back.

Even though the pattern is different I am sticking with this dress as, one, it is already week four and production has to start soon so there is no time, and two, I don't think it'll look too bad on camera so that's a plus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment