Wednesday, March 30, 2022

My Brand and How it Applies

Earlier in the year, actually, the very first project of this school year my peers and I were assigned the brand identity project. Basically, we had multiple lessons on the importance of a brand and the attributes forming one. Then we had to use the information we learned to brand ourselves. I remember being very anxious over this project as my mind wasn't wrapping around the idea of making a brand for myself, so, I turned to my comfort zone, art. 

I had planned on talking about this project and my brand within the blog for a while as I noticed increasingly during the past few weeks that my brand was still very prevalent within the work I was doing. It was only today, however, after having a lesson on the Critical Reflection component that I decided to truly reflect on this. 

One of the questions I have to answer within the reflection is how did the elements within my project work together to form a brand. To answer this, I decided to look back on the presentation I made for the brand identity project we made in late August. 

For one, my brand contains a cohesive aesthetic, or in other terms, its Physique-

What does this mean you may ask? Well, as mentioned before, when making the identity project I relied heavily on my artistic side. As seen below, I chose to draw my logo, I integrated art pieces within the presentation, talked about how one of the ways I communicate my brand is through art, and finally even did my digital story on an artist and how he has impacted me and the world. 

 


My Logo



Art Integration


Brand Communication



Digital story (click the image to watch!)



This art theme coincidentally continued within my blog as the backgrounds and side column images are art pieces (as shown below). 

My blog

This art theme was also integrated into my portfolio projected when I, once again. coincidentally decided that a painting would not only be a major prop within the narrative but also a setting. Because of this factor within my project, both the Instagram for my film and the postcard will have major art and design elements as it is a theme in the short film. 

Another element that creates a cohesive aesthetic within my brand is its colour palette. 

As seen in my brand identity presentation, I defined my brand as having a natural palette, meaning, anything in green and brown tones. The images within my blog have this very same colour palette, leaning more towards the brown side, while the Instagram for my film has had a consistent green tone within each post. 

Outside of the physique, another important factor within my brand is the message it is trying to send, or in other words its culture or purpose. 

Within my presentation, I shared the purpose to "love", as seen displayed under my logo. Alongside this my brand also promoted the ideas of acceptance, freedom, and belonging. 

Within Elle qui Pleure, one of the biggest themes is acceptance. This is displayed clearly through the narrative as in the end the main character encounters the painted version of herself and comforts her, ultimately acting as a metaphor for self-healing and acceptance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment